MegaMek is an unofficial, online version of the Classic BattleTech board game. MegaMek is open source, free software. It is licenced under the GPL.
Current features include:
- Network or hotseat play for 2 or more players
- A somewhat cunning AI opponent for offline play
- Choice of ground, atmosphere, or space combat, using Total Warfare rules
- Integration of ground and atmospheric combat using the "Aerospace Units on Ground Mapsheets" rule.
- Many of the optional rules and technology from Tactical Operations, including advanced terrain and planetary conditions
- Map board selection and editing
- Map boards based off official map packs included
- Mech selection and support for some mech editors
- Most official mech designs
- Color graphics
System Requirements MegaMek is programmed in Java and will run on any system with a compatible Java Virtual Machine. It has been tested on Windows, Linux and MacOS X.
The project also has a public Slack page which can be used to communicate with the developers and other members of the community.
Click here to join Slack.